Saturday, March 17, 2012

40th Birthday Celebrations


I have had the most amazing day thanks to my wonderful Husband and Mother.

We woke up to a perfect sunny day with not a cloud in the sky.


The day started with presents and cards at home before John took me off to the Marama Estate for yummy 'Pancake and Maple Syrup' breakfast by the River and Lake Rotorua.

Then John took me for a drive in the country and we ended up at Lake Okaro, just outside Rotorua where Mum had been busy setting up a BBQ picnic for me. It was a complete surprise, beautifully decorated with bunting and balloons, loads of food and drink and then all my New Zealand friends started to arrive, very overwhelming but what an amazing birthday present.



























After a bit of a relax back at home, we dressed up and John took Mum and I out for dinner to Peppers on the Point, a very beautiful fine-dining restaurant in Rotorua.
It was an exquisit end to the day with delicious food and amazing surroundings.












Thank you so much, not only to family but also all my friends both in New Zealand and the rest of the world, for my wonderful cards, flowers, presents and birthday wishes. You've all been so wonderfully kind.



Today has been so very special for me, and with the upcoming arrival of baby in August, this year is truly going to be a memorable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment